Monday, April 26, 2010

Girlfriends, Giving Back, Gardening

OK, this past weekend was full of adventure.  Friday night the Harps had us over for Friday Night BBQ.  Lots of good conversation, sitting by the fire, chillin' with my gal pals while the guys were hanging in the garage (where all guys SHOULD be) and the kids watched TV on the couch.  Saturday was hard to get started after a long night our on Friday, but after donuts, and a mini-nap, I headed to Optimist Field for Trav's baseball game.  GREAT GAME, Trav played pitcher and assisted with a couple outs at first.  This was on top of his single and double base hits - YAY Trav.  He is certainly NOT the best player on the field, but he has the the most heart for the game, and always play with enthusiasm!  He makes me and Steve so proud!  GO METS!

Saturday night, I was honored to attend the Santa Fe Christian Schools annual fund raising event.  Legendary World and I partnered with Sea Dream Yacht Club to offer a couple of cruises for the SFCF Live Auction.  The overall event raised close to $500,000 for SFCS and the Sea Dream Voyages were a hot item which created quite a bidding war!!!  I was pleasently surprised to bump into a few of my clients at the event too, so overall an amazing evening.   Thanks so much to Loraine Dyson for inviting me to the event and to participate!



Sunday was a day of Nascar and gardening.  We planted a Mexican Lime tree, some boysenberries, blackberries, squash, cucumbers and flowers.  Last weekend was the tomatoes and peppers in the back yard.  I bought the pumpkin seeds, but have not started to germinate them yet.  Maybe tonight we'll prep for germination, and they'll be ready to go in the ground in a week or so.  Now I just need to keep the snails and rabbits away.  For some twisted reason, I get the biggest kick out of eating food grown from my own yard.  Come on baby plants - grow, grow, grow!!!

Looking forward to a GREAT week of Baseball (of course!), Bunco, PTA Events, Networking Events - wheeeee..  New Week, Here I Come!!!

No comments: