Monday, July 26, 2010

OMG, I'm Club Prez!

OK, so I stole that from my new President's Handbook.  But, yes, it is official, I have been inducted as President of Soroptimist International Oceanside-Carlsbad. SIOC as we like to call it, is a worldwide service organization dedicated to advancing the status of women and girls both locally and globally.  We achieve this through fund raising, hands-on community service, public awareness and with programs and awards.  It is a very special and fulfilling part of my life, knowing that I am a member of such a great group of women, doing good for others.  OK, Plus we have a lot of fun, drink wine, build friendships,  etc.  So For more info about SIOC, or a  Soroptimist International club in your area,  click on the links above or feel free to contact me personally.

The picture is the 2010-11 Board of Directors.   From left to right: Lori Somers, Barbara Bale, Carolyn Wolf, Viki Hurst, Michelle D'Elia, Chari Goddard, Caryn Leventhal, me, Louann Gigante. Missing: Pini Byma and Penny Eisenstein.  I have a captain's hat on as my club has nicknamed me Captain of the SS Oceanside-Carlsbad.

No comments: