Wednesday, March 10, 2010

New Orleans

It's been a long 2 weeks since my last post.  Felt like forever anyway.  I had a GREAT trip to New Orleans to participate in the inaugural Mardi Gras Rock N Roll Half Marathon with my friends Karleen and Denise, and my cousin Leslie.

New Orleans is a BEAUTIFUL city, full of tastes, sights and wonder.  We ate local exotic cuisine, sampled the finest libations, and saw the city from a local's perspective.  Sure we cruised Burbon Street and had beignets at Cafe Du Monde - who goes all the way to New Orleans without visiting these hot spots - but we also took the causeway over Lake Pontchartrain and toured the Abita Brewing Company in Abita Springs, LA,  we shopped at a little boutique on Magazine Street called Trashy Diva, and we ate alligator sausage and shrimp Po Boys at Parkway Bakery.  I can't thank my cousins Ann and Leslie enough for their Southern Hospitality, and for showing us the "locals" flair of New Orleans.  I am SOO ready to go back, this time with Steve and Travis!

No comments: